Thursday, November 1, 2007

Holiday Time . . .

Yesterday was Halloween, and as I was driving to pick up my children from school, an odd thing happened....I was flipping through radio channels and on one of them, CHRISTMAS music was playing!!!!!! Yes, that's right ~ on Halloween! Wow!

Well, I love the holiday season...all of it. Last night we had 209 trick-or-treaters show up at our door ~ delightful, entertaining, and fun! Now, I am thinking of Thanksgiving and all the many blessings I enjoy each day of my life. And then, of course, Christmas will come.

Many get overwhelmed with all the events, preparations, etc. at holiday time. I am always amazed at the stress levels of people in this process. I encourage you to ENJOY each celebration you are connected with ~ no matter what your religious, cultural, or holiday traditions are. Take it easier, do only what is most important that you love, spend within your means, be with who you want to be with, remember the REASON we celebrate at all....and then, get ready for a brand new year ~ a chance to begin again ~ AWESOME!

Here's to the holiday season upon us ~ and here's to you, wherever you are!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Cindy - I appreciate your thoughts on simplicity at this time of year, as well as the mention of recognized blessings. The two come together for me in strong focus this year.

I've watched a number of very special people in my life experience divorce or separation from their spouse this year. While I think I've been pretty good at remembering how important my marriage is and how loving my husband is, "experiencing" the tough times with my friends this year has renewed and rejuvenated my appreciation for the love my husband and I share.

As a result, we made sure to do something special for our anniversary a couple of weeks ago, and we've decided to spend Thanksgiving without the tangles of extended families or people who don't really know each other. We're taking a day for ourselves - to be together, to be off work, to rest and to appreciate what we have and what we share in this life together. And we've made plans to see the families at Christmas!! :)

Thank you for always reminding me to keep it simpler.