Monday, November 19, 2007

An Attitude of Gratitude

Counting our blessings is always a very healthy practice, but at Thanksgiving time it seems mandatory! Sometimes in my prayer life as I am thanking God for this and for that I feel very redundant, saying the same list over and over again! Yet, I believe God does appreciate hearing our thankfulness no matter how repetitive it may be.

I recently read a book called, Attitudes of Gratitude, by M.J. Ryan. The author shares numerous ways we can show our thankfulness...some of them pretty obvious...some of them a little different. Here's a few of her suggestions:

Exercise Daily
Revel in the Ordinary
Do the Work of Forgiveness
Practice Wonderment
Don't Compare
Develop a Good Memory
Look for the Hidden Blessings of Difficult Situations
Honor Your Ancestors
Send Thanksgiving Cards
Appreciate People Just as They Are
Leave a Trail of Happiness

I think my favorite is "leaving a trail of happiness" wherever I go ~ now that's something to strive for!

On that note, I wish you all a blessed holiday week, and I thank you for being a part of my life.

No comments: